Friday 12 October 2012

The green dot in a green square


OK,this has been quiet some wait.Usually its the other way round,you have the article and you don't have a title for it but this time it was the opposite.I even awarded a potato for "guess my nest post's title competition". The least I could do for that rotten potato waiting for its way to glory sitting there in Freddie Mercury's hand was to finish this post.



          It was Vishal's idea to eat out every Wednesday(chicken in mess) and Parag and Sankalp seconded the suggestions because they are Jains(~ veggie) too. Vakul is(was) a veggie but eating Veg-Biryani that too in mess! (refer to last post) while Gupta is like anti-everything so they both had to go out.As for me,I still don't know what was my excuse.It was surely not because I was a Khumb fan like Vakul or a Naan-Daal lover like Parag.I am also not a  pro-Chinese like Vishal.

          Maybe I was just too fascinated by the idea of going out or maybe not because the places we used to visit included Sip-B, Fx and Sassi.And if we ordered it was from Mezban(not the secular canteen which for some mysterious reason is called Mezban in IIT) or Guptaji ka dhaba.Going by the names you can figure out these were and still are the cheapest possible dinner options among a few others like Maharaja and Lajawab. For those who used to argue with me about this one:  it's Sip-B derived from its full name Sip n Byte not sippy !!

          Soon the expenses of our alcohol consuming friends made us realize we could do better than 50 bucks dinner,added to that a birthday party by Gupta(not guptaji dhaba but shashank gupta) at pizza hut called for a revised limit on expenditure .We shifted gears to Punjab Grill, Swagath, Gulati, Lotus Leaf ...the list is never-ending.

          I am surprised with myself towards that fact that I was the only non-vegetarian in the group and still I never touched any cooked flesh when I was with them,well until last year.But I have some principles too.If you take me to KFC to eat veg-zinger,sorry mate, that's not done.The good thing foreign exchange has done to Dabba and Gupta is that they have become tolerant to presence of bones next to them and it must have been Lala's previous life sin that he had Shadman as his roommate last year.If only there was a way to weight the amount of meat devoured in that room.

           Much has changed since 2009,my canines being put to use more often than ever and with Maddu (Vakul) joining the dark side(though he considers his membership as fuzzy) , veggie trips like going all the way to Rohini to eat chole kulche or to Model Town for pao-bhaji has suffered .

           Yes I know this turned out to be a little boring post,couldn't help it,had so much to write on this one.In short given an option to go out with them or with the non-veggie junta, I will always choose the veg team unless somebody is paying for my meat-fest(money-woes).

          Good news, from next post gluttonic tales will have some different kind of tales to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment