Tuesday 22 July 2014

Let's Zomato it ver2.0

So here I am writing a blog post almost after a year. Lets not get into the sad details of why such a long break(as if anyone missed me). Loads of stuff to talk about starting from my adventures with crutches to attending conferences just for the food! We will discuss those in future while this post will be ver2.0 of the last post. This time I am not writing with the hope of winning the Iphone because it will surely go to some "Senior assistant associate executive of Product Management", this is just for the T-shirt (don't judge me I never owned a red shirt before!).

If you have nothing better to do, please do read the last post (Let's Zomato It !!) to know why I never won a Galaxy last time though the mugs were awesome and Deepinder Goyal upvoted the post mostly out of pity or maybe for good PR so it was worth the effort.
Lets start with things I like about Zomato (do add the ones in last post as well):
  • The awesome cross platform experience. I use Zomato on Android , WP 7.8 and on my computer and they have done a fantastic job in making it look so lively and user friendly everywhere. ( I don't mind testing the iOS version as well but you all know what that requires)
  • The feature where you directly call restaurants from the app by just tapping is simple awesome and makes life so much easier!
  • The combo feature of wishlist, favorites, been there and recent searches is a must have for a person like who remembers the taste but not the name ( What's in a name, eh?)
  • Bonus: Information about distance from closest metro(s) is so much win.

Now the stuff I don't like or would like to see in future are:
  • This could be more of a personal problem but hey it's my blog so I can bitch about it. Earlier the Zomato app on windows phone would offer turn by turn navigation using the Bing maps which was very useful but now suddenly it has stopped doing so! It points the place on the map but the directions never load up. (I use WP 7.8 not WP 8)
  • I would love to see my recent views section synced across all devices the same as my wishlist and favorites.
  • Lastly I would prefer a rating system where users vote on different aspects say service/ambience and food quality separately rather one universal rating out of 5. If Zomato wants to calculate a single rating based on users multi-aspect ratings it can do using simple fuzzy logic. Maybe one way to implement this could be ask users vote on these aspects in their reviews instead of writing long texts which often are not that helpful.

    To defend my demand and dislikes I have to say this to Zomato - 'I hate you like I love you'. (Delhi belly - belly - food - get it...no?)

    And you end the post a thumbs up for Zomato to get me back to my blog. We will move to crutches story the next time until then eat and let others eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment